[sword-devel] Support Mailing List

Dan Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:44:17 -0700

I don't feel that closing this list of sword-suppot to the public would be
of any advantage. The reason the list in the first place is to support those
users that have simple and possibly one-time questions. I do have spam
filtering on the account that I use for the list, I was thinking it might be
possible to implement something like this but that would benefit all the
people on the list, not just myself.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Hugo van der Kooij
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 3:34 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Dan Adams wrote:

> Is anyone else monitoring the list, I am one of the people looking at
> it and helping with some of the messages, but I only use the windows
> stuff. Also, Troy is there anything that can be done about the spam
> that is sent to sword-bugs and that is automatically forwarded to the
> support list?

If you want to get rid of spam close the list to non subscribers.

Unfortunatly open mailinglists or newsgroups contain too much spam so I
will not subscribe to a list that does not restrict postings to the
subscribers.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.