[sword-devel] .conf file creation

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:10:45 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:

> > o SourceType should offer a Null value
>
> OK, I thought it had to be either  GBF, ThML, or OSIS. If the SourceType is
> Nul should it read "SourceType=" or just leave the line off? I just added
> Null to the dropdown list and if it is null, then the line is omitted. BTW
> That is the same for all the others, if a field is left blank the line is
> omitted.

Omitting the line is good.  This is for plaintext modules with no markup
at all.

> > o the History field is really a History_<major>.<minor> (e.g. History_1.1)
> >   field for each new revision
>
> Ah, you had to throw one loop into it didn't you? lol I'll have to have
> another cup of coffee to think of an elegant way to handle that.

Some additional complications: there's no guaranteed order to how modules
are numbered.  People can skip minor numbers or might start at 0.9.

However... unless you plan to add a feature to allow loading existing
files, I would just drop the history fields entirely.  I would also make
the version field default to 1.0.  People doing updates will likely just
want to update one or two fields and can easily do that by hand.

Everything else looks great, though.  Nice work.

--Chris