[sword-devel] OSIS and Modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:37:12 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Simon wrote:

> > So it seems reasonable to make OSIS installer (which will get an OSIS file
> > and automatically convert it to a module and install).
> >
> > So we would allow to install any module from CCEL without duplication on
> > CrossWire site, even if the number of texts on CCEL is to big,

That would be nice (and a future possibility) but, ...

> I doubt if the OSIS importer (which is still beta, as far as I know) can
> handle the OSIS-markup as used at CCEL...

This is more or less correct.  CCEL is still churning out OSIS 1.1.1 and I
don't think we're going to be interested in converting from anything
pre-1.5 and anything that isn't best practices conformant.  It will be a
while before CCEL publishes really good OSIS 1.5/best practice conformant
stuff since all their work in generated from XSLTs.  Some of the books
will probably work very well, but others less so.  There's really no
substitution for crafting modules one at a time (at the moment).

--Chris