[sword-devel] Support Email Volunteers

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:32:09 -0700

We've really been getting behind on our support email as of late.  If
anyone feels called to help on our support list, we could sure use the help.

The basic mode of operation of fairly simple.  All support emails are
sent to the sword-support email list.  As a volunteer you would
subscribe to the list and receive all support emails.  They are all
prefaced with [sword-support] in the subject so it's quite easy to set
up a filter for your mail program to file them all to their own folder.
  When you see an email that you would like to answer, the mailing list
is setup such that if you REPLY to the message, your mailer will send
the first reply to the individual requesting support AND ALSO to the
sword-support mailing list.  Any future emails between you and this
person will be privately between you two.  The reason the first mail is
sent back to the list is so everyone else knows that this email has had
a person take responsibility so we don't have 5 people responding to the
same email.

Anyway, I probably made it sound much more difficult than it really is.
  Best thing might be to subscribe and just watch how it works for a few
days and you'll get the idea.

Thank you very much for considering: