[sword-devel] PocketPC Development -- _WIN32_WCE #ifdef(s) and other questions

Lamar Owen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:41:25 -0400

On Thursday 17 July 2003 04:09, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Herb,
> 	If the wince compiler is still so non-standard as to not support our
> ANSI/ISO compliant C++ code, then microsoft, like always, still sucks :)

That's not the problem.  WinCE, while based on Win2000's kernel, doesn't have
all the Win32 API that Win9x and 2k have.  The API is much smaller; although
it is possible to write code that works on both.

> 	I'm sorry if I don't sound too friendly toward microsoft.  We've
> already cluttered our code with a number of workarounds for their
> non-conformant compiler and it just makes me angry.  Nothing personal.

Being predominantly a Linux user, I agree 100%.  I do, however, have a
PocketPC (2000) PDA (Symbol PPT2700), and am doing some software development
for it.  I _really_ don't like Win32's API! (once having tasted Qt).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio