[sword-devel] PocketPC Development -- _WIN32_WCE #ifdef(s) and other questions

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:09:11 -0700

Herb,
	If the wince compiler is still so non-standard as to not support our
ANSI/ISO compliant C++ code, then microsoft, like always, still sucks :)

	I'd prefer you NOT clutter the code will a million ifdef's.  Can you
give me an example?  We already added a bunch of stuff to get it to
compile once on the wince compiler.  I took much of it out because there
are better ways to handle some of the things that were ifdef'd.  Please
give me an example and maybe I can add something for you that will help.

	Most of the file io routines should be isolated in the FileMgr class,
so writing your own FileMgr replacement should do the trick.  We can
consider moving the read/write/lseek calls to FileMgr methods if this
will help you.

	I'm sorry if I don't sound too friendly toward microsoft.  We've
already cluttered our code with a number of workarounds for their
non-conformant compiler and it just makes me angry.  Nothing personal.

	-Troy.