[sword-devel] free Windows compiler for SWORD

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:06:58 -0700

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Chris Little wrote:
>

>>Linux binaries won't be released; Linux users who don't know how to
>>compile for themselves need to learn.  Mac binaries probably won't be
>>released either, for the same reason.  We only release Win32 binaries of
>>the utils because, for Windows, compilers are non-standard & generally
>>expensive.
>

> sword RPM packages are distributed along gnomesword RPM packages on the
> gnomesword site.

Do they include the utilities as well as the library?  In any case, they
do not currently include the utlities I mentioned since they are not
released yet.  And it nonetheless stands; Linux users who don't know how
to compile for themselves need to learn (or move back to Windows).

Cost of entry into module making is intentionally high to avoid a huge
influx of bad modules from people with only a passing interest in the work.

--Chris