[sword-devel] New filter for red letter words

Patrick Narkinsky sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:19:04 -0500

Thus spake "Jerry Hastings"> :

> Turning on and off red letters may just be
> "presentation," (changing color only), but in theory it could be changing
> from "saying" these are the words of Jesus," (red), to "maybe these are the
> words of Jesus," (black).

You seem to have in mind the Jesus seminar ... for what it's worth, I don't
know that the cases are particularly parallel: the biggest problem with the
Jesus Seminar is their preconceptions.  The fact that they use colored beads
to implement those methods seems irrelevant.

So far as I know, there is no translation with a red letter edition
available which does not also offer a black-letter edition.  What's the
issue here?

Patrick

--
Patrick Narkinsky - Apprentice Pastor, Hope Community Church

"I would rather feel contrition than know how to define it."

- Thomas a Kempis