[sword-devel] Sword, PHP, and PostNuke

Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:46:53 -0500

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 07:24 pm, Curtis Farnham wrote:
> Maybe I am wrong about SWIG, but from what I gather,
> using it would either require becoming intimately
> familiar with the Sword source code (and I don't even
> know the language it's written in), or requiring that
> all servers on which my module is used have Sword
> installed.  Both of these are impractical at best.

Actually I think this isn't the case. From what I understand you could
statically link the sword libs in to the php module and load that at runtime
somehow. And as for knowledge, well being familiar with the Sword source
helps since there is no docs for the bindings yet. But I think knowing a
little general programming would be enough. (High-level programming is
high-level programming regardless of the language)