[sword-devel] Web Interface

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:14:11 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 YTang0648@aol.com wrote:

> (21) Chinese. There are 56.6 M people online in mainland China, according to
> a report released by the ...
>
> I believe the 2.26M people in Singapore online, 5.7 M Malaysians online, and
> 1.9 M Americans whoc access the Internet in Chinese are all bi-lingual or
> tri-lingual users.

More or less correct, but it's not exactly clear whether they're counting,
for example, the 1/3 of Malaysians who can read Chinese in both their
Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia statistics (which they should, and it looks
like they may).  And even so, it's not clear what they consider to be a
"native speaker" in terms of proficiency level.

--Chris