[sword-devel] Westcott And Hort Text

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:45:27 EST

 I have extracted the text from the W.H. at CCEL, and converted the
html-ified unicode to utf8, there are differences in the text and now I need someone
that reads greek to examine the text.

 I also need someone to verify that the '&#value;' in the html represents the
actual unicode value, I have a chart for html values, but I have not compared
it to unicode values, if I have assumed wrongly, someone let me know and I
will fix it according to the chart.

 If there is someone that is willing to correct any problems, here is what is
involved:

 The text is being compared to the W.H. at byztxt.com to verify that each has
the same verses per chapter there are currently 48 possible problems in the
text which are marked with **** (in the extracted text) verses may not be
split, verse numbers may have been left out in the html, etc. These need to be
verified by someone that can accurately split the text, or whatever is needed.

 There a few errors that I attempted to fix, and I will send a file
describing what I did with the extracted text. Since I do not read greek these need to
be verified also.

 The number of verses in the byztxt W.H. and the extracted text should be
equal, even if there are numbers for a verse, and no text inserted into the text.

 And note that these may not be exactly as the KJV. So use the W.H. from
byztxt and compare with the text at CCEL to identify the proper solution.

 Troy can tell you how to view the utf8 encoded file correctly, I believe he
uses Netscape Navigator.

 Once all of this is done the strong's numbers, and morph. codes will be
inserted.

 Let me know, and I will email you the files.

David