[sword-devel] Re: Westcott & Hort Text @ CCEL

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:20:28 -0700

Anthony,
	Yep, this is very cool!  I wonder where this text came from.  Yes, we
should be able to merge in the strongs and morph data from the current
module made from byztxt.com.

	Also, wanted to introduce a newcomer to sword-devel named David (I hope
he reads this).  He's been humbly working behind the scenes with me on
data for a new lexicon that Chris is currently finishing up.  He has
written some cool software to collate the Greek data found in the
byztxt.com Greek texts.  He has modified our strongs lexicon by inserted
OSIS tags containing each inflection found in the New Testament of a
lexicon entry, along with the morph data and counts.

	Chris has taken this data and is inserting it into an OSIS encoded
lexicon that he (Chris) has been working on diligently, as well, which
drastically beautifies the current lexicon.

	This is pertinent to this thread, as I think David may have knowledge
and possibly code that could be reused for this process.

	I know he has some other ideas where he wants to contribute, but might
be willing to do this as well.

	-Troy.