[sword-devel] Apocryphal versification schema

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 01:28:45 -0700

Chris,

Just a quick thought: could there be information in the mods.d .conf file
that would control which versification was used?

I'm not that familiar with the Apocryphal books, but aren't all of them at
the end of the OT? An extension for that special case might not be that
difficult since canon.h has some separation of OT and NT offsets.

Just include more in the VerseKey::vm, otbks, and otcps. Use logic to "skip"
if that translation didn't include the Apocryphal books. Wouldn't that cover
well over 99% of the different Bibles "out there"? (We don't necessarily
have to be all things to all people.)

Just curious ... can TSP handle Jewish Bibles with combined 1st and 2nd's?
Is that "their" problem?

> We've had plans to, in a sense, fix our versification mechanism for a
> very long time.  The current system is extremely rigid.  It only permits
> the versification of the KJV, and only the OT & NT books from that.
> This needs to be changed to allow 1) support for Apocryphal books and 2)
> support for alternate versifications.

My 2 alt-155,
Lynn