[sword-devel] error: Could not open %files file /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/sword-1.5.5/debugfiles.list: No such file or directory

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:15:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

When trying to install sword + gnomesword on my laptop which have just
been filled with a red Hat Linux 9 install I get an odd error at the end
of my recompilation of the source RPM (which builded just fine on Red Hat
Linux 8.0):

Processing files: sword-debuginfo-1.5.5-1
error: Could not open %files file /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/sword-1.5.5/debugfiles.list: No such file or directory

The real odd thing is:
I have no subpacke by the name of sword-debuginfo

Somehow this got into the builing process although I have not yet found
out why. The string debuginfo is not present in the original sources nor
in the spec file.

I have reported this just through bugzilla but was curious wether someone
here had actually build the sword package succesfully on red Hat Linux 9.

Hugo.

PS: While I guess I can get around it by installing the binary packages I
prefer to build them for the specific distribution version.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.