[sword-devel] Copyright CEV/TEV

Simon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:00:26 +0200

Hi all,

I recently have contacted the ABS for permission for using the CEV and
the TEV on my website (http://www.scripture.nl). Well, they won't give
free permission, but the price was just $200 per translation per year
(at least that is the price they offered me).

For me 2 times $200/year is somewhat too expensive (I'm just a poor
student), but maybe something to consider for the Sword community. Say
there are 200 users willing to pay, that is $2 per user per year to get
2 modern translations. Or maybe there are some business willing to
sponsor the Sword Project (or some churches), by paying the copyright
fees? Or maybe give users the possability to donate a few dollars to the
project.

I think some modern translations will make the Sword Project even more
attractive then it is now!

Just some ideas, just think about it...

Blessings,

Simon