[sword-devel] Zaurus/iPaq owners: Please help

Mark Ayliffe sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:03:17 +0100

On Tuesday, April 22, 2003 10:58 PM [GMT+0100=CET],
Christian Renz <crenz-swordproject@web42.com> wrote:

>> I've only tried the RSV one on my Zaurus. It seems to install the
>> main files OK, but I can't see a .conf file. Was that what you were
>> expecting? I used the package manager.
>
> D'oh! Thanks for pointing this out. I guess I should have noticed that
> myself, if I were able to transfer files to my Zaurus right now
> :( (USB problems).
>
> Could you try the God's Word module in the same directory? That one
> now has the config file.

Yup, that works just fine. Won't install direct to my SD card, but nothing
does!

BTW is there any chance that someone is going to do some work on the QPSword
software? I use it quite a bit, but there are one or two things that really
need fixing. I had hoped to have a go at it myself, but I've not been able
to get the development environment working properly on my Debian boxes as
one of the RPM packages won't convert to a .deb and I ran out of time.

IMO the main things which need fixing are:

 - Ability to use different font sizes (esp with unicode fonts), it needs
smaller fonts.
 - Ability to use Z menu key rather than the click-menu. I've lost count of
the times I've lost all my bookmarks
 - Less important but would be nice if the Z cancel key actually closed the
app (saving settings) like in all other apps. It just minimises it and
switches back to the control panel.

I suspect some of the other desires are common to all Sword packages, like a
history of recent locations and no chapter breaks in the displayed text.

Mark