[sword-devel] Interested in?

Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:24:33 -0400

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 08:39 pm, Andrej Ricnik wrote:
> And as an explanation (to make clear where I am coming from) I
> have to add that I am very sceptical of any tendencies to produce
> eye-candy (in general, not just in theology) just because it's
> possible/can be done. I believe it tends to be distracting ...
> on the PC I spend a vast majority of my working-day in terminal
> windows on a command line interface. I am sad that there's no
> CLI interface for Sowrd in Linux available. :)

Well it's not eye candy perse. And you can get theology from walk throughs of
the temple. I mean take a walk through of Solomon's temple and then take a
walk through Solomon's house and tell me where his treasure lied. But
additonally I think it helps you place yourself there. I mean I was at the
Holy Land Experience a little while ago and they had a street drama from the
life of Jesus. It was so moving to actaully be experiencing something like
that no matter how in accurate that I had to fight back tears. There are
things to be learned from looking at images of things like the temple and the
alter. Theology things.

As for the linux cli interface for sword there is indeed one. It's called
diatheke it's part of the base sword package. I've actually used it on
ocassion it's decently good.