[sword-devel] Interested in?

Andrej Ricnik sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:39:44 +0000

>Zilch is a pretty strong word here... We actually have a lot of information
>about these items. The Bible has done a great job of explaining to use the
>sizes of items and the decorations and materials used to build them. We not
>have an exact representation of how these items looked but we can get a
>good
>idea from the descriptions what they might have looked like, and most
>importantly, the key features God wanted us to know to this day, we can be
>confident were recorded in the Bible. So I believe that a 3D model of the
>temple or the Ark would be meaningful to us if just to give us a sense of
>awe about them. Whether such a model belongs in Sword is another topic but
>to state that a walk through is useless unless we reduce the Bible to
>entertainment value is in my opinion a bad call.
I apologise if this is perceived as "too strong" a wording. As I said,
there is no offense intended.

And as an explanation (to make clear where I am coming from) I
have to add that I am very sceptical of any tendencies to produce
eye-candy (in general, not just in theology) just because it's
possible/can be done. I believe it tends to be distracting ...
on the PC I spend a vast majority of my working-day in terminal
windows on a command line interface. I am sad that there's no
CLI interface for Sowrd in Linux available. :)

In terms of architecture I'd be a roman basilika, strongly
doubt the usefullness of an opulent, baroque church :} and quote
John 20:29. "happy those not having seen, and having believed."
(completely out of context).

Cheers, and God bless,
Andrej