[sword-devel] Interested in? Graphics

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:30:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Victor Porton wrote:

> On 22-Apr-2003 David's Mailing-list and Spam Receiver wrote:
> > printing. The main problem for me with using PDF's or PostScript files as
> > modules for images and maps is the lack of interactivity. You can't
> > afaict
> > use PS/PDF to link locations on a map to modules or more detailed maps,
> > or
> > anything else useful like that. I think SVG or a map-centric similar
>
> You mistaken: 1. PDF has hyperlinks. 2. JavaScript can be embedded into PDF
> for interactivity. (At least it can show/hide objects).

But PDF is a proprietary issue. If sword is to steer clear of issues with
lawyers that will drive us away from the goal (to share that which we
received so generously) we must avoid ANY propriatary protocol or
fileformat.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.