[sword-devel] Interested in?

Eeli Kaikkonen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:52:03 +0300

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 18:52, David's Mailing-list and Spam Receiver wrote:
> Though the way I am currently thinking maps ought to be done is a bit more
> interactive than just displaying a map. Imagine, viewing a map of say the
> divided kingdom, you click on Jerusalem and you're transported to a more
> detailed map of the city at the time. Or you click on another location and
> are taken to the ISBE's entry for that area, or an archaeological general
> book or something else neat like that.

Or see as an animation how Paul's journey went on, or change the language from
Hebrew to Greek with mouse click...

That was on my mind too. Svg would be good for that. It is a w3c standard for
vector graphics, the graphics is freely zoomable without quality loss, svg is
scriptable, it is already used for maps, it will in the future have support
in web browsers. Unfortunately it is not well supported yet.

For ordinary graphics png would be my choice.

Eeli Kaikkonen