[sword-devel] Searching Sword Modules

Dan Bertles sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 04:21:45 -0800

I have resolved myself to the fact that I will not get a PocketPC version of
Sword.  Can anyone recommend a good reader for raw text files, etc..

I'm currently using Haali Reader (http://haali.cs.msu.ru/pocketpc) to read
exported Sword texts and like it a lot.

One major problem is that it doesn't have the search capabilities that sword
does and this software always starts from beginning of the file (takes too long).

I have done some creative things to the KJV version, converting the Strongs
Numbers to characters so that the built-in dictionary function can be used to
look up definitions of Strongs Greek and Hebrew definitions.

Any advice?

Dan

P.S. I can't afford to lose some of the syncing options with my Windows machine,
so the lynux version is not a good choice for me.