[sword-devel] Here's Our Chance: Copyright Negotations

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:41:32 +0100

Hi there .....

On 29 Sep 2002 at 21:45, David Trotz wrote:
> So I am confused how would David's idea clash with your vision? Are the two
> mutually exclusive?

I agree.
My concern here is that David's offer would be the only way in which we are
likely to be able to relase the NIV (to name but one).  I feel it is
important that we carry translations such as NIV and are able to get them
to the public.  I mention NIV because just now it is one of the most
popular versions (although personally I fail to see why!).

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com