[sword-devel] new features list

Steve Tang sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:26:13 -0600 (MDT)

How about a localized Personal Commentary module?

I just came back from a short mission trip. I brought my laptop & showed
Sword to the host pastor. He inquired about being able to mark things up.
This brought out a few things I've been dreaming of:

* text high-lighting by user such as underscore, bold, italic, font
size/color
* tags to high-light Jesus' quotes
* importing & displaying picture files in Personal commentary module. Or
allowing Windows users to cut & paste in a file shortcut.

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:03:13 -0700
> From: "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe@crosswire.org>
> To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
> Subject: [sword-devel] new features list
>
> Hey guys.  Working on a some release materials for hyping the next
> version and am trying to remember all we added.  Here's a few things off
> the top of my head.  Anything else I'm forgetting that you particularly
> like and think is valuable hype material?
>
> User Interface Localization
> Customizable Color/Font Scheme Selection
> Better Internationalization/Unicode Support
> Better Verse List Manipulation
> Mouse-over Hints for:
> 	Strongs Numbers
> 	Quick Verse Lookups