[sword-devel] Christdot discussion

Glenn Reed sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:11:18 +1200

Yes, I followed and read the link, quite interesting.
and posted one post below in its entirety

Re: bible4linux.org: Help Wanted (Score: 1)
by jamisonstepan (jammerjamison@hotmail.com) on Wednesday, September 11 @
11:34:56 EDT
(User Info | Send a Message) http://dupadee.net/boulder/

The inability to purchase modern translations is the big minus for sword for
me.

Actually I was unaware of the  problems with BibleTime.   If the bible
societies are pursuing their own software projects does that mean that their
is simply a big void where translations are simply not available for linux
via commercial channels???

I really think sword ought to make a move on the "pay for modules" scenario.
If you read the link
http://www.lindows.com/lindows_michaelsminutes_archives.php?id=28
you will see that linux is destined for greater desktop dominance in the
future.  If the bible societies decide to make a move at some point, in order
to meet the market, and create their own software for linux then it will
render sword obsolete, because it no longer has mindshare that differentiates
it from other products, and sword will die a natural death.

Sword People.  The ball is in your court.  Make it count.

Glenn.