[sword-devel] Re: Problem compiling CVS of Sword

Steven P. Ulrick sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:41:46 -0600

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:02:46 -0600
> Steven P. Ulrick <spu@faith4miracle.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Everyone :)
> >
> > While trying to compile the CVS of Sword this morning, I got the
> > following error:
> >
> > [root@localhost sword]# make
> > make  all-recursive
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
> > Making all in lib
> > make[2]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
> > source='../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp' object='thmlosis.lo'
> > libtool=yes \
> > depfile='.deps/thmlosis.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/thmlosis.TPlo' \
> > depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \
> > /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile g++ -DUSE_AUTOTOOLS   -DUNIX  -I.
> > -I.-I.. -I../include  -DUSBINARY  -g -O0 -Werror -c -o thmlosis.lo
> > `test -f'../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp' || echo
> > './'`../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp
> > g++ -DUSE_AUTOTOOLS -DUNIX -I. -I. -I.. -I../include -DUSBINARY -g -O0
> > -Werror -c ../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp -MT thmlosis.lo -MD -MP
> > -MF .deps/thmlosis.TPlo
> > ../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp: In member function `virtual char
> >    sword::ThMLOSIS::ProcessText(char*, int, const sword::SWKey*, const
> >    sword::SWModule*)':
> > ../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp:224: `SWLog' undeclared (first use
> > this
> >    function)
> > ../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp:224: (Each undeclared identifier
> > is
> >    reported only once for each function it appears in.)
> > ../src/modules/filters/thmlosis.cpp:224: parse error before `::' token
> > make[2]: *** [thmlosis.lo] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >

> > When I attempt to grab a fresh copy, logged in as a regular user, I
> > get the following error:
> > [steve@localhost steve]$ export
> > CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:/usr/local/cvsroot
> > [steve@localhost steve]$ cvs login
> > Logging in to
> > :pserver:anonymous@cvs.crosswire.org:2401/usr/local/cvsroot
> > CVS password:
> > [steve@localhost steve]$ cvs checkout sword
> > cvs checkout: in directory .:
> > cvs [checkout aborted]: *PANIC* administration files missing
> > [steve@localhost steve]$
> >

> > Usually I have no problem getting a fresh copy of the CVS when I am
> > logged in as myself.  As an experiment, I su'd into root and tried it,
> > and it worked fine.  Then I went back and tried it again logged into
> > my user account (a few minutes after my initial success su'd as root)
> > and I got the same result.  By the way, the grab I started as root is
> > still coming in, so that issue with the error in my user account is a
> > mystery to me.
> >
> > I am running Red Hat 8, with all of the offical updates, including the
> [...]
Hello again :)
Just finished attempting to compile a fresh copy of the CVS of Sword,
and I had the same result.  The wierd part is that this time, though I
got the same error, it took a lot longer to occur.  The time that is
reflected in the error I sent with my initial report was just a minute
or two, this time it ran about ten minutes or so.

Steven P. Ulrick