[sword-devel] CCATS

John Baima sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 05:17:58 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_BCCX1TCPXPbHd1wt1FZjug)

[I sent this to Chris privately, but I wanted to send this to the list as
well. -John]

At 11:50 PM 10/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm vaguely aware of what you're referring to.  We have kept this text
>private (perhaps why Victor was unaware of its existence) and haven't
>really considered it a possibility that it would ever be released since
>Winfried Bader at the German Bible Society has always identified text
>integrity as his highest concern to us, so we assumed that if we ever got
>permission to distribute it (or had them do so) that we would get a clean
>copy straight from GBS.

GBS owns the copyright of the base text (which has changed since that CCAT
text was done--I have a copy of the most recent edition), I was referring
to the tagging.

>I don't know whether their work has all the
>Friberg morphology of the AGNT though, or something corollary.

CCAT used a computer program to generate those tags directly from the AGNT
text. They did that without permission and they did not do a good job of it
as well.

>The Sword AGNT & Anlex modules would be welcome additions especially if
>there were some way to get them into people's hands.

Right. We would have to have permission from GBS. It would probably have to
be a locked module to pay royalties, but it could be sold inexpensively
($10 or less).

_________
John Baima

--Boundary_(ID_BCCX1TCPXPbHd1wt1FZjug)

to the list as well. -John]<br><br>
At 11:50 PM 10/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
referring to.&nbsp; We have kept this text<br>
private (perhaps why Victor was unaware of its existence) and
haven't<br>
really considered it a possibility that it would ever be released
since<br>
Winfried Bader at the German Bible Society has always identified
text<br>
integrity as his highest concern to us, so we assumed that if we ever
got<br>
permission to distribute it (or had them do so) that we would get a
clean<br>
copy straight from GBS.&nbsp; </blockquote><br>
GBS owns the copyright of the base text (which has changed since that
CCAT text was done--I have a copy of the most recent edition), I was
referring to the tagging.<br><br>
all the<br>
Friberg morphology of the AGNT though, or something
corollary.</blockquote><br>
CCAT used a computer program to generate those tags directly from the
AGNT text. They did that without permission and they did not do a good
job of it as well.<br><br>
would be welcome additions especially if <br>
there were some way to get them into people's hands.&nbsp;
Right. We would have to have permission from GBS. It would probably have
to be a locked module to pay royalties, but it could be sold
inexpensively ($10 or less).<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
John Baima<br>

--Boundary_(ID_BCCX1TCPXPbHd1wt1FZjug)--