[sword-devel] Help needed -- release CEDICT modules

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:43:41 +0200

Hello Christian,

I really appreciate your hard work on the Chinese modules. However, when I
implemented proper support for UTF8 keys in BibleTime, I noticed that
something with the CEDICT_HANZI module is not right. Are you sure the key key
names are encoded in UTF8? They seem not to be to me. I did not try this with
the windows frontend.
It works for other modules, such as the Thayer in the beta area, which
contains hebrew keynames now. BibleTime even displays them right-to-left
correctly. =) That's why I guess that there is something wrong with the keys
in your module. The module text displays fine afaict.

Martin