[sword-devel] sword namespace

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:25:38 +0100

On 30 Sep 2002 at 11:38, Daniel Glassey sent forth the message:

> Hi,
> Does anyone strongly object to me putting the sword stuff into a 'sword'
> namespace?

ok,
the stuff is ready to go in and consensus afaict is that it is a good idea so I'll put it in this evening. I
just thought I'd give you advance warning because it will break current application code and old
compilers unless you use the backward compatibility define.

so you if you want sword to not be in it's own namespace you have to define NO_SWORD_NAMESPACE
when you compile or use CVS sword.

At the start of each header or source file after the #includes there is a macro
SWORD_NAMESPACE_START.
And at the very end there is SWORD_NAMESPACE_END

Any new files must have these macros.

oh, and I may have missed some though I made sure it compiles with and without
NO_SWORD_NAMESPACE so gimme a shout if you find anything.

Regards,
Daniel