[sword-devel] Bug in morph/strongs of Byz

Mike Sangrey sword-devel@crosswire.org
28 Nov 2002 11:35:17 -0500

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 12:51, porton@narod.ru wrote:
> > I think hEN (rough breathing on EN) is simply the subject of EFEREN.
> > The idea being that one plant was carrying a load of 30 seeds, etc.
> >
> > I would have marked it A-NSN.
>
> I continue to consider it a bug:
<snip>

> 2. Despite it cannot really confuse a human reader, it confuses the soft that
> G1722 G1520 is TWO strongs applied to one word, what is inconsistent with
> other cases in Byz when one word has two strongs as in these other cases it
> means that the word is composite word composed from two words (it would be
> like hENEN so composed from two strongs if it would be consistent with the
> rest of Byz).

Are you saying the text is marked with BOTH G1722 and G1520.  If so,
then I agree with you, that's not right.  It's G1520.  It's NOT a
preposition, it's the number.

I had thought the problem was with the marking of the word as an
adjective and as nominative, singular, neuter.

--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org