[sword-devel] Bug in morph/strongs of Byz

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:51:53 +0500

> I think hEN (rough breathing on EN) is simply the subject of EFEREN.
> The idea being that one plant was carrying a load of 30 seeds, etc.
>
> I would have marked it A-NSN.

I continue to consider it a bug:

1. It is a logical subject, but in Greek (at least in my grammar book) there
are no such thing as adjective which is derived from numeral without any
change of the word. It is called "cardinal numeral", not "adjective numeral".

2. Despite it cannot really confuse a human reader, it confuses the soft that
G1722 G1520 is TWO strongs applied to one word, what is inconsistent with
other cases in Byz when one word has two strongs as in these other cases it
means that the word is composite word composed from two words (it would be
like hENEN so composed from two strongs if it would be consistent with the
rest of Byz).

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)