[sword-devel] PHP?

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 18:55:35 -0500

On Sunday 10 November 2002 05:28 pm, Daniel Adams wrote:
> I am not sure, what I am desiring is a way to include verses (like
> diatheke output) in a ASP or PHP type web page.
>
> I appreciate the comments. Also where/how do I look to see what these
> bindings/perl are?

bindings/perl is just a directory in the source tree with a perl module that
uses the sword libs. Looks mildly interesting actually. In your sword-1.5.5
top-level source directory (~/temp/sword-1.5.5/ for me since I've got an
installed sword package already) type the following

cd bindings/perl/
perl Makefile.PL
make
(as root) make install

Then the perl module should be installed and accessible. Docs and other useful
things can be then obtained via typing "perldoc Sword" (sans quotes).