[sword-devel] Lawyer Help: Redistribution

Jonathan Hughes sword-devel@crosswire.org
19 May 2002 20:07:22 -0700

--=-3GetwCWV1umLki4S9Rye

Hey Everyone,

	Well I was thinking that with about 262 people on the sword-devel
mailing list there must be some lawyers out there that could at least
help point me in the right direction. Here is my question:

	Ok, as I contact copyright holders and we get permission to distribute
copyrighted modules the issue comes up about us distributing CDs. Most
organizations and people will let us distribute their module under a
non-commercial license. However they will in the letter of the written
permission allow CrossWire Bible Society to distribute it not others. So
if I am an average user and get a SWORD CD and then copy it and give
that CD to someone else that would be breaking the law, would it not?
Because no longer is it CrossWire Bible Society distributing it, it
would be Jonathan Hughes. What insight do people in the know have on
this issue?

	Thanks for any help people can give me!

In Christ,
Jonathan Hughes