[sword-devel] trouble with ./configure on Linux Mandrake 8.2

Steven Boothe sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 19 May 2002 08:49:00 -0700

Hello all;

Please forgive my question about something so basic. I'm a rooky when it comes
to compiling my own software.

Here is the output of ./configure from my command-line:

[steven@poretz sword]$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables
[steven@poretz sword]$

As well as the output of the following commands:

[steven@poretz sword]$ uname -a
Linux poretz 2.4.18-6mdk #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002 i686 unknown
[steven@poretz sword]$ rpm -qa | grep gcc
gcc3.0-cpp-3.0.4-2mdk
gcc-2.96-0.76mdk
gcc-c++-2.96-0.76mdk
libgcc3.0-3.0.4-2mdk
[steven@poretz sword]$

Any help would be very appreciated.

Many many thanks in advance.

Steven
P.S. WOW this project has come a long way. Heaps of blessings on all who
contributed to get ThML importing for the documents at the CCEL. May your
continuing efforts be just as and even more fruitful!