[sword-devel] importing modules into a relational database

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:20:56 -0700

n8 wrote:

> I am also working on importing modules into a relational database (MySQL)
> for a web based project.  It will be using a Flash MX front end.
>
> I am now writing / debugging a PHP class that parses the GBF format (
> http://ebible.org/bible/gbf.htm ) into my database.   I decided to use this
> format, because I couldn't understand how I would parse the Sword module
> format without any chapter / verse information.  Plus I really only need the
> WEB and KJV to start with.

:)  Well, you can use sword/utilities/mod2vpl to get any of our modules
outputted with verse info, if you need others.  You really shouldn't
look at the actual data files, as they are very different depending on
the driver that handles them.

> Anyway, I am happy to share this class if it would be of any help.
>
> Also, Troy, what is this soap server you speak of... can you point me to
> some information?

Chris will have to give the info and state of the soap stuff.