Packaging : was Re: [sword-devel] 1.5.3 progress

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:09:18 +0000

Dan Blake wrote:

>Caldera 3.1.1  -- Uses RPM's
>
>I am very much a novice with Linux, but not with computers.  I would be
>willing to make RPM's if someone could get me instructions.  I have Red Hat
>7.2 and Caldera 3.1.1 installed on separate machines.

Thanks, Caldera rpms would be great. And Red Hat too. Hopefully someone
with experience with rpms will reply soon and e abke to give instructions.

>At this point I don't even have any extra software installed on these
>machines.  What version of what development software do I need installed to
>be able to compile Sword?

Just the version of gcc that is the default with the distro and standard
headers, a standard development environment. Also, zlib and it's dev
headers.

Thanks :)
Daniel