[sword-devel] IMP format; imp2ld and mod2zmod for windows

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:14:47 -0700

> Also, I need an *exact* description of the IMP format. I couldn't find
> it on the SWORD project website. The only description I have is the
> one given by Troy in his mail which was
>
> $$$Key 1
> Text of Entry 1
>
> $$$Key 2
> Text of Entry 2
>
> Is this correct? Or should it be
>
> $$$Key 1
> Text of Entry 1
> $$$Key 2
> Text of Entry 2
>
> or maybe
>
> $$$ Key 1
> Text of Entry 1
>
> $$$ Key 2
> Text of Entry 2
>
> ?

According to the source, it is the second of these 3 options.  However,
it really should not matter.

The first option just adds a newline that won't adversely affect the
module except for adding another byte per entry (much less when
compressed).  The third option adds a space that should be dropped by
one of the key classes (not certain about this for plain old SWKey).

--Chris