[sword-devel] Marketing of sword initiative?

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:48:22 +0200

Hello Jens-Peter,

> I am an enthusiastic bibletime user and new to this list.

Cool. Esp. the part about BibleTime (I am one of the admins of BibleTime). =)
I respond not because I know everything about sword, but just because nobody
else did. I like your idea.

> My question: Has anbody started any initiative in the direction of
> marketing the Sword initiative?

No.

> I have the feeling usage was mostly spread by word of mouth or websites
> (passive online-marketing).

Right.

> But one could e.g. also directly target missionary or bible-spreading
> organizartions and inform them about the wonderful possibilities of the
> Sword initiative.

Right.

> This could not only be viewed as simply increasing the number of users
> but rather as an own mission initiative of the sword community.

Right.

> It would be great if somebody could tell me:
>  if anything in this direction has been done

Nothing.

>  if there are reasons against going something like this

None.

>  organizations one should contact

No idea.

>  your thoughts in general.

I really like the idea of making sword more public. But what else than a
passive web strategy would you aim at? Do you already have thoghts / plans in
the queue?

Martin