[sword-devel] Win32 Beta M

Daniel Adams - infoChi sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:47:46 -0700

Troy,
	What you are making sense, I now realize that the idea is that by double
clicking on a verse it takes the main screen. I guess I might just be lazy,
and partially because other than clicking on the search button again, there
isn't a great way to have both windows visible. It probably just often
confuses me because I think that if I close or minimize a window it won't
come back. This makes me hesitate about closing the window, especially if I
have done a long search, i.e. something involving one of the commentaries
(MHC or MHCC) which do a lot. Also when doing the commentary search, It will
only display the verse in the upper pane, with no corresponding text, is
this desirable, I am not sure what is intended? Could there be a way to turn
the preview panes on/off separately for the search window and the main Bible
panes, I do find it desirable to have the panes for the Strong's numbering
for example?
	Another thing that I am not sure if you or the others have noticed, is that
say for example I do a lookup on John 1:5. In the past, I would have had to
scroll in the Bible Pane to get that desired verse into view. I always
download a new Beta version to try in that, and it looks like this seems to
behave nicely because it automatically goes to the desired verse.
	A suggestion I had regarding the search window, could there possibly be an
easy way to select which module to perform the search under? (Just a wish
list idea)

In Christ,
Daniel Adams - infoChi@infomagic.net
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3

  1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)-  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to
serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.