[sword-devel] <compressed> Sword Modules -> RISC OS

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:49:05 -0800

Hi,

I think you answered yourself, actually.  The best answer is "tough,
just use Sword".  And that shouldn't be too difficult, if RISC OS has
GNU tools (like gmake and gcc).  About all you should need to do is
modify the Makefile.cfg file to set GNUBIGENDIAN as the target machine
(I think that's an option, but maybe only in the CVS version) and issue
a make.

Failing that, you will have to use code from Sword, which is probably
more difficult.  Specifically, you need the ZText class and everything
it inherits and imports.

Maybe someone else has a better answer, if there's another way, but I'm
doubtful. :)  It's not even a good idea to assume the RawText modules
are ordered, because some of them may not be.

--Chris