FW: [sword-devel] Official Logo: We need one?!

fred smith sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:07:36 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 08:23:00PM -0600, Gary Amirault wrote:
> I don't like a sword at all. The Sword Revelation is taking about is a Word
> that can divide between soul and spirit, between bone and marrow. The Sword
> and the red Cross is a reminder of when the church became militant under

Or perhaps its a reminder of Paul's words to the Ephesians about putting
on the full armor of God so that you might be prepared to fight the battle
against the enemy.

> Constantine; an apostate church. It's a reminder of the Crusades where the
> church became an instrument of Satan under the Cross and the Sword. I think
> a symbol which represents a discerning Word would be a better symbol of the
> truth behind what the Sword in Jesus' mouth actually means. A physical sword
> does NOT convey the Truth. And many ministries and churches who like to tout
> the Sword as part of their logo are often hard, pharisaic and unchristlike.
> One of the Churches I was a part of had a sword across the Bible as their
> logo. It always gave me a cold feeling. And the church was very pharisaical
> so the sword was actually a reflection of their attitude. Find a symbol for
> the Word as Truth which divided the Truth from Lies, darkness from light.

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.