[sword-devel] Why Sword?

David White sword-devel@crosswire.org
12 Feb 2002 19:26:21 +1100

That is why I would suggest using a configuration script of some kind.
Users should not have to be root to install Sword, and I assume Sword is
intended to work on a wide variety of platforms, which may have very
different directory hierarchy schemes. Thus it is important for Sword to
robustly support installation into any arbitary directory in a
filesystem.

David.