[sword-devel] Re: Maps, etc

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:19:10 -0600

>  I think we need to move towards simply using good HTML renderers as
> displays.  GnomeSword & BibleTime probably already support much of the
> functionality we should strive for.
>
> Regarding formats, we should probably support PNG, JPEG, and SVG.  I don't
> feel PDF is particularly well suited to this task and I don't think we
> should be incorporating PDF decoders in Sword.  Mozilla supports all three
> natively, so incorporating Mozilla as a control would be a good move, IMO.

I agree with Chris on this. I would love to see Sword be able to send valid
XHTML to the front-ends. That's really the way to go. I'm coming at this
from the content creation side of things, the ability to have a rich
environment like Mozilla to create for would be very nice. I say "XHTML"
because I think we should emphasize separating structure from style to keep
the content as portable as possible.

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org