[sword-devel] Re: Maps, etc

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:20:18 +0100 (MET)

> > As Daniel already pointed out, this aint gonna happen until somebody
goes
> > ahead and takes charge of it.
>
> To comment on both messages, I don't think anyone should take charge of
> handling specific graphic format decoders/rasterizers or anything of that
> sort.  I think we need to move towards simply using good HTML renderers as
> displays.  GnomeSword & BibleTime probably already support much of the
> functionality we should strive for.

Sorry for not making myself clear enough. I was referring to the whole task
of integrating a new kind of module, maps and so forth, into sword. Neither
am I an expert in this area, nor would I have the free time to do this; yet
unless sombebody is willing to invest himself
here, I don't believe that much is gonna happen. This is simple, but true.

Martin