[sword-devel] kjv2003: An old topic, infinitive/participle

Eeli Kaikkonen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:43:37 +0200 (EET)

Keith Ralston asked about Mark 1:7 some time ago. I had a similar
problem. I think that in Mark the basic meaning is "I'm not worthy to
unloose". "kupsas" or participle generally - not in this case
particularly - may mean e.g. "after stooping down", "stooping down at
the same time" or  "because of stooping down" or even "regardless of
the fact that I stooped down". In this case "kupsas" tells under what
circumstances the unloosing happens.

Therefore I would tag "stoop down and" and "to unloose".

  Sincerely Yours,
      Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko@paju.oulu.fi> Suomi Finland