[sword-devel] clean bible or bad phantasy?

Daniel Russell sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:52:23 -0800

>I meant: Show me a contradiction in without-vowels/accents-Bible, I meant (in any two readings of any two verses).
>
>Aren't you a relative of Bertran Rassel, a logician and a famous atheist?
>
>Well, the time to stop the discussion, which I haven't intented to begin when the software (for both sides!) isn't yet ready!!

I have no idea how you came to the erraneous conclusion that i am an
anti-Bible person. I was simply pointing out that the original was
without vowels or spaces, since those were features that were added to
the Hebrew language later. There was a fellow who thus wrote a module to
allow a student to turn off those features to see the text as it was
originally written (approximately). My argument was that if someone
wants to make such a module, that's wonderful. The more tools we have to
study the scriptures, the better.