[sword-devel] kjv2003: Jude ready, what's next

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:48:15 -0700

Eeli,
	Thank you!  Just had a look at Jude.  It seems that you may have missed
a few of our emails on this list about tagging practices.  This is my
fault, as these comments should have been added to the Help|Guidelines
dialog.

Stuff looks good, except for a few minor things.  Each word not in
between {FI}word{Fi} tags should be tagged with a Greek tag.

For example, in verse 1: 'the servant' should be tagged with DOULOS,
even though there was no article present.  The translator chose to
translate with a definite article and we can only mark what they chose
to do.

'of Jesus' should be marked with IHSOU because it is in the genitive.

'to them that are sanctified' should be marked with hHGIASMENOIS as it
has a dative plural present etc. form.

Do these make sense?

And yes, I would have split the direct article as you are doing, though
I'm not sure it makes much difference, e.g. the blue car, tagged: 'the
car' (with split).  and 'blue', right?

	Thanks again!  Hope this helps.
		-Troy.