[sword-devel] Fwd: Re: bibletime stuff

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:57:28 -0700

>  Why everybody hates goto statement? Properly used it greatly improves
> perception of the program (while loop in the same patch would be much
> worse and add unneeded {}). Probably it's CS education....
>  As I wrote this patch and if you gonna include it to CVS - some
> recomendation for creators of non-Western locales:
>  to make sure that your book is read correctly by Sword - add in [Book Abbrevs]
> entry (beside others) with full book (exactly as it is in [Text]) name set
> to book number.

:)  There is never a season for 'goto' statements :)  You want to
perform this code twice, at most.  It seems more logical to place it in
a for loop that repeats twice.

The bibletime guys maintain the locale wiki page.  Great suggestion
about the comments.  I don't have access to the page to add the suggestion.

Thanks for the help with this!  I'm non-en_us locale stupid, so all
comments and code are most appreciated!

	-Troy.