[sword-devel] Windows GUI

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:01:35 -0700

At 07:55 AM 8/25/2002 -0500, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:
>- Under preferences it would seem that all the items that have a on/off
>toggle would be better grouped in a form with check boxes.
>
>- Perhaps the Preferences and Options could be moved under "Tools"

My vote would be to keep these such that it takes as few mouse clicks and
selections to change an option as possible. What would really be great, is
to have one button that overrides the settings of all options that are on
in Options, but not reset the options. This way, if I have Strong's
numbers, Morph tags, and Lemmas all selected in options, I could turn all
three on or off with one click. The button caption/icon should change to
reflect the on or off state.

>- Currently there is a back button, perhaps a forward button should be
>added. (I have never figured out what the back button is supposed to do
>anyway. It would seem that it would go back to the previous location I was
>looking at, but it does not seem to work that way. Maybe I am just too used
>to the way a web browser works.)

It seems to work like a browser back button to me. How does it seem to work
for you? I would like a forward button.

>- Its unclear what the checkmark next to the spinboxes does.

Checkmark = Go!

>- The reference combo box should have a "go" button out beside it, similar
>to the way a web browser does the address bar.

See above. Go is perhaps better for those that read English. Otherwise,
squeezing in a word from a the localization file may need a much bigger button.

Jerry