[sword-devel] Cheatah on Windows!

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:21:16 -0500

Thanks to the Right Reverend Barry Drake, I successfully compiled Cheatah
today using Dev-C++. The hardest part was figuring out WinCVS. lol They have
this big ole' fancy looking GUI for the thing, and to get it to work you
have to dig around through all sorts of esoteric menus to get to a command
line input. Why didn't they just start with that? Oh well.

Once I got the CVS source tree on my local box, the rest was pretty much
cake. I had to change the paths in the two *.dev files that Barry provided
me with. Since I did not exactly know where all my stuff was and where it
should be, it took me a little trial and error, but I was able to
successfully compile the libswrod.a and then Cheatah. Not bad for a guy who
has not compiled anything much more than a command line "Hello World!" app,
and still doesn't understand the difference between a function and an
object.

Proof: http://elbourne.org/sword/win_cheatah.jpg

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.