[sword-devel] BoM Bug in module/Beta T

Daniel Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:29:20 -0700

Barry,
	What you said makes sense, with one exception and not to say you
are wrong. The exception is the type of machine that I am running is an
Athlon XP 220+ (Brand New 1.8 GHz). I also just in the last couple of
days reloaded my system, which means partially since I still haven't
loaded everything things are running faster than they eventually will.
The only other thing I will say is that the only way I could exit my
Sword program, either version (Beta or release) was by ctrl-alt-del and
an end task command from windows. Does anyone else have suggestions.
Could it be that the Generic book is not a sword native format like the
Dictionary is, I am thinking the ISBE and Webster's Dictionary modules
that are on my computer are rather huge files, 40+ Meg.
	I am curious, does anyone else have a thought?

Daniel Adams

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Drake [mailto:b.drake@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 11:52 PM
To: Daniel Adams; sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] BoM Bug in module/Beta T

Hi there .....

On 7 Aug 2002 at 23:01, Daniel Adams wrote:
> When I launched Sword (Beta T) with
> the module installed, it opened normally, but then when I tried to
> view the book, it crashed the program showing me no contents to the
> book at all. When I then went back to the release version that I also
> have installed on my computer, and launched it with the Book of Mormon

> module installed, the sword program would not even start.

You might find that if you went away and had a couple of cups of coffee,

the program had started and the BoM was showing!  I thought the program
had
crashed when I first looked at general book support - it is just very,
very
slow, even on a reasonable box!  I think it depends on the size of the
general book module as to how long it takes.  I haven't downloaded BoM,
but
judging from the size of the printed version, it's relatively big.
Would
take ages to start on my box.

God bless,

Barry